Property Development Customer Care
One of the key aims of our business is the desire to succeed in making the process of buying a new home from Hillreed a thoroughly enjoyable experience for all our customers.
This is easier said than done when the end product involves some 200 different components assembled in the open air over a period of 16 weeks by up to 50 different tradesman - but this is the challenge!
Part of this endeavour is at the point of sale and Hillreed has a great sales team who can help guide customers step-by-step through the time consuming process of completing a sale.
However, our desire to succeed continues after purchase and we have a dedicated customer service team who are strongly committed to ensuring that things meet peoples expectations once they have taken possession of their new home.
- Prior to moving in you will be invited by your relevant Site Manager/Sales Advisor to itemise any problems that you consider need attention and any concerns you may have.
- Within 21 days these items should be dealt with and you will be asked to sign A 'First Visit Sheet'. You should only sign this when you are satisfied that all the work is complete. Then the responsibility for any further warranty items passes over to the customer services department.
In an Emergency
Hillreed Homes defines a home related emergency situation to be one that presents a real threat to your family's health and/or damage to the property rendering it uninhabitable. The categories covered are:-
- Plumbing and drainage - sudden and unexpected failure of the plumbing or drainage system that is likely to cause flooring or internal water damage.
- Electricity supply - sudden, unexpected and complete failure or breakdown of the electicity supply system affecting all sockets and/or lighting on one or more level.
- Primary heating system - sudden and unexpected breakdown of the primary heating system, which leaves you without heating and/or hot water in Winter.
- Security - sudden and unexpected failure or breakdown of the external locking mechanisms, doors or windows which renders your home unsecure.
In the event of one of the the above emergncies, please call out a suitably qualified tradesperson to assist. If the call out proves to be as a result of a defect arising from workmanship that falls outside NHBC'S standards, then Hillreed Homes will reimburse reasonable costs.
NHBC & Building Guarantee
- Your home has the benefit of cover under the NHBC 10 year Buildmark Guarantee against major structural defects. Your Buildmark Guarantee policy details will have been forwarded to you by your solicitor. Enclosed within this manual you will find your homeowners Health & Safety card along with an NHBC booklet 'Guide to your New Home'.
- Hillreed Homes guarantees your home for the initial period of two years after legal completion. Our aim is to carry out a maintenance visit within twelve months from your moving date; you will receive a letter advising you of an appointment for this to be carried out. At this time we will generally attend to any settlement cracks and minor adjustments. We do not cover general wear and tear, decoration or normal routine maintenance.
During the two year period after legal completion you should report all other matters that may arise in writing to:
Customer Services Department
60 College Road
Kent ME15 6SJ