Environmental Responsibility in Property Development
'Taking Responsibility' is at the heart of Hillreed Homes. It is our aim wherever we develop to bring new life and vitality with homes that not only meet the practical needs of our customers but that harmonise with the local environment, provide safe, secure and sustainable futures and are a sound investment.
We recognise the impact that development has and the need to 'take responsibility' for our actions. It is not just about making fine statements but delivering what we promise that is key to our success. We have an enthusiasm and commitment to environmental issues in the widest sense and believe that innovation and social responsibility are good, not only in their own right but also because they add value and confidence in our product.
To translate these ideas into action we commit to the following:
- The Appointment of a small team for continual reassessment and evaluation of our environmental strategy throughout the company.
- Open dialogue and co-operation with recognised authorities and groups involved in sustainable development.
- To actively research and, where proven to be practical, buy in to the latest green technology and renewable sources of energy.
- Develop a strategy to encourage corporate social responsibility throughout the company.
- Through training and continued communication encourage all employees to be aware of the company's social and environmental responsibility and give them a clear understanding of why we are committing to this and what we hope to achieve.
- Wherever possible take the opportunity to educate our customers on environmental best practice and the positive results that can be gained.